California ‘Smash-And-Grab’ Looting Suspects Back on the Street Thanks to ‘Zero-Bail’ Policy

California 'smash-and-grab' looting suspects back on the street thanks to 'zero-bail' policy

Fourteen “smash-and-grab” robbery suspects recently arrested in Los Angeles, California, are back on the streets thanks in part to the county’s controversial zero cash bail policy, the city’s police chief said this week.

During a press conference Thursday, Chief Michel Moore told reporters, “All the suspects taken into custody are out of custody, either as a result of one juvenile, or the others as a result of bailing out or zero-bail criteria,” according to Fox News.

Moore added that the 14 suspects had been arrested in connection with 11 separate robberies that took place over a ten-day period late last month, from November 18 to 28. In total, the crimes are believed to have cost the targeted businesses $338,000 in total stolen merchandise and more than $40,000 in total property damage.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.