Editor’s Note: Victor Davis Hanson has questions. Some of the answers are a bit interventionist for me, but the overall message is sound. Why? Because it’s clear the Biden-Harris regime is intending to take down the United States of America. For those who still need convincing, it’s easier to see it when you look at the situation as a whole rather than looking to each individual “mistake” and thinking that it’s due to “incompetence.”
The biggest mistake we could make as America First patriots is to assume the Biden-Harris regime is failing. By our standards, they are failing miserably. But if their goal is the destruction of our nation, which I believe it is, then their track-record so far is stellar.
Being a Democrat with bad policies is common. But when EVERYTHING an administration does takes us in the wrong direction, we have to question their motives. I believe they are working on behalf of the globalist elite cabal to bring for the “Liberal World Order.” To do that, they need the United States to drop to the level of the rest of the world… or disappear completely. With that said, here’s the article by Victor Davis Hanson:
- Why is French President Emmanuel Macron cozying up to China while trashing his oldest ally, the United States?
- Why is there suddenly talk of discarding the dollar as the global currency?
- Why are Japan and India shrugging that they cannot follow the United States’ lead in boycotting Russian oil?
- Why is the president of Brazil traveling to China to pursue what he calls a “beautiful relationship”?
- Why is Israel suddenly facing attacks from its enemies in all directions?
- What happened to Turkey? Why is it threatening fellow NATO member Greece? Is it still a NATO ally, a mere neutral, or a de facto enemy?
- Why are there suddenly nonstop Chinese threats toward Taiwan?
- Why did Saudi Arabia conclude a new pact with Iran, its former archenemy?
- Why was Egypt secretly planning to send rockets to Russia to be used in Ukraine, according to leaked Pentagon papers?
- Since when did the Russians talk nonstop about the potential use of a tactical nuclear weapon?
- Why is Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador bragging that millions of Mexicans have entered the United States, most of them illegally? And why is he interfering in U.S. elections by urging his expatriates to vote for Democrats?
- Why and how, in just two years, have confused and often incoherent President Joe Biden and his team created such global chaos?
Let us answer by listing 10 ways by which America lost all deterrence:
1) Biden abruptly pulled all U.S. troops from Afghanistan. He left behind to the Taliban hundreds of Americans and thousands of pro-American Afghans. Biden abandoned billions of dollars in U.S. equipment, the largest air base in central Asia—recently retrofitted at a cost of $300 million—and a $1 billion embassy. Our government called such a debacle a success. The world disagreed and saw only humiliation.
2) The Biden administration allowed a Chinese high-altitude spy balloon to traverse the continental United States, spying on key American military installations. The Chinese were defiant when caught and offered no apologies. In response, the Pentagon and the administration simply lied about the extent that China had surveilled top-secret sites.
3) In March 2021, at an Anchorage, Alaska mini-summit, Chinese diplomats unleashed a relentless barrage at their stunned and mostly silent American counterparts. They lectured the timid Biden administration diplomats about American toxicity and hypocrisy. And they have defiantly refused to explain why and how their virology lab birthed the COVID-19 virus that has killed tens of millions worldwide.
4) In June 2021, in response to Russian cyber-attacks against the United States, Biden meekly asked Russian President Vladimir Putin to at least make off-limits certain critical American infrastructure.
5) When asked what he would do if Russia invaded Ukraine, Biden replied that the reaction would depend on whether the Russians conducted a “minor incursion.”
6) Between 2021 and 2022, Biden serially insulted and bragged that he would not meet Muhammad bin Salman, the de facto ruler of Saudi Arabia, and one of our oldest and most valuable allies in the Middle East.
7) For much of 2021, the Biden administration made it known that it was eager and ready to offer concessions to re-enter the dangerous Iran nuclear deal—at a time when Iran has joined China and Russia in a new geostrategic partnership.
8) Almost immediately upon inauguration, the administration moved the United States away from Israel, restored financial aid to radical Palestinians, and both publicly and privately alienated the current Netanyahu government.
9) In serial fashion, Biden stopped all construction on the border wall and opened the border. During the 2019 Democratic presidential primary, Biden made it known that illegal aliens were welcome to enter the United States—some 6-7 million did. He reinstated “catch and release.” And he did nothing about the Mexican cartel importation of fentanyl that has recently killed over 100,000 Americans per year.
10) In the last two years, the Pentagon has embarked on a woke agenda. The army is short by 15,000 in its annual recruitment quota. The defense budget has not kept up with inflation. One of the greatest intelligence leaks in U.S. history just occurred from the Pentagon.
The Pentagon refused to admit culpability and misled the country about Afghanistan and the Chinese spy balloon flight. The current chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff called his Chinese communist counterpart and head of the People’s Liberation Army to advise him that the U.S. military would warn the Chinese if it determined an order from its commander-in-chief, former President Donald Trump, was inappropriate.
This list of these self-inflicted disasters could be easily expanded.
But the examples explain well enough why our emboldened enemies do not fear us, our triangulating allies judge us unreliable, and calculating neutrals assume America is in descent and too dangerous to join.
Yet without America, the result is a new Chinese order in which, to quote the historian Thucydides, “The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
Article cross-posted from our premium news partners at The Epoch Times.
I would have to add the number one reason theat the US lost all credibility immediately after Biden was inauguarated that Day one, Biden shut down the Keystone Pipeline along with hundreds of thousands of drilling jobs and thousands of other pipelines and drilling sites eliminating American energy independance.
You mean the Obama Plan. Biden is an idiot.
Obviously there is a much stronger force in charge than Biden. Obama most likely. He has always hated a strong America. He promised to fundamentally change the country…and he is succeeding in splendid fashion.
I think what we’re seeing is what Eisenhower told us 60 years or so ago – the rise and dominance of the Military Industrial Complex along with its attendant institutions and agencies, especially Intel and the Media. These are dominated by the Left – by the Communists that Senator Joseph McCarthy targeted 70 years or so ago – International Communism, which has infiltrated much of the country particularly through….our Military and Intel apparatus. And what is Communism in every single country its been practiced? It is the elites of that country taking total control of the country’s riches and resources in the false name of the People and returning it back to the feudal state they’ve longed for since the USA was established, with them in sole power and possession. It’s not Obama, he’s not bright enough, it’s deeper and more long lasting and more widespread than this. The MIC coup took place on Nov 22, 1963 when they murdered the President of the United States in full public view with only a patsy taking the fall. Everything else clocks from the minute they got away with that. Our country is run by the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX and the Globalists are their allies.
NO, YOU allowed it. We outnumber them by millions. Take out the first 2000 starting from Biden down and this will almost certainly halt the commie actions of theirs DEAD in it’s track.
So YOU allowed it.
Sounds like you have a plan, at least the talking part..
You have a better talking plan?
Of course VDH is spot on. AND I’M SICK OF ALL THE GOLD PEDDLING!